We've put together these 9 simple steps to help you tie the perfect bow for a girl's dress. With one ribbon in blue and one in pink, it is easy to follow and takes just a few steps…Ready?
I have spent a lifetime designing special girl’s dresses and had hundreds of photo shoots on girls of all sizes and ages, tying bows is something we really know about! We decided to create this video and graphic with simple steps that will deliver a perfect bow to help our customers complete the look for important and memorable events. We include this helpful graphic with the Special Occasion girl dresses we ship for First Communion, Flower Girls, Graduations, and Holidays.
It is useful to know how to tie a pretty bow, a simple and handy skill to have when you need it.
How To Tie a Pretty Bow
1. Center your ribbons to have equal lengths
2. Left over Right (blue over pink)
3. Left under Right (blue under pink)
4. Fold a loop with the pink ribbon towards the right
5. Bring the blue ribbon down and tuck it under the pink bow
6. Pull blue ribbon through towards the left making a loop
7. Pull both sides of the bow, pink and blue to secure the shape
8. Adjust the size of the bow you want, then tighten it by pulling strongly on both sides
9. The length of the remaining ribbon should be at least twice the width of the complete bow. I have seen them longer and sometimes in organza shorter. They all look beautiful.
Getting ready for a memorable event? Take a peek at our Special Occasion Girls Dresses
Thank you for supporting our 30 year social mission to break the cycle of poverty for women and their families. Learn more here
We are honored for the 2nd year in a row, to have been recognized as a 2017 Best for the World Honoree, acknowledging exceptional ethical companies,"setting the standard for business as a force for good." Forbes calls it The Most Important List of Businesses in the WorldNext year Isabel Garretón will celebrate 30 years of supporting the [...]
All photography By Courtney DavidsonQ. Looking back on your wedding, what was your biggest challenge, Rosa?A. I come from a close family and wanted to include all four of my nieces and my nephew in my wedding. Because it was such a big group of flower girls, I got very involved in the dress selection [...]
Today Isabel Garretón was recognized for creating the most positive overall community impact by B the Change Media based on an independent, comprehensive assessment administered by the independent nonprofit B Lab. Honorees are featured in the upcoming fall issue of B Magazine and on B the Change’s digital platform, bthechange.com. They were also honored at [...]